Tuesday 3 May 2011

Always Read the Sneaky Print

This one may be short as I've pretty much dragged myself up and out of bed at 8.00am through the desire for a pre-work photo hunt. 'Always read the small-print' that's what they say isn't it? But these days who does, apart from me of course; due to some deep-seated obsessive compulsive desire to increase knowledge therefore dominance over you all I read manuals, books, magazines and even impromptu street-side flyers, those lowliest and most unloved of the promotional ... (it's not a disorder...honest.)

What's deliciously cunning of the inconspicuous, unobtrusive 'small print' is its total ability to be forgotten and unobserved. So do most of us either trust adverts to not be misleading or false or simply believe in this day and age they can't be due to bodies such as the ASA? I think it's most likely we just can't be bothered. One such sneaky-print offender I recently spied.


In truth I was actually hoping to find the 118 500 ad with the dude precariously hovering above presumably his girlfriend's fish tank before he durrr...drops his shaver in said tank. Do you know the one? Of course you do. Well, not only do I hate the ad and believe the service utterly redundant in the days of Google, Yell apps and under the shadow of 118 118 but think it's so cheeky that BT, a prominent telecommunications and internet service 'providings' giant should have the cheek to offer what is seemingly a helpful service at such an extortionate rate! Thus ends today's short yet vocally elaborate and somewhat overly wordy rant. Wish me luck snapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment