Sunday 17 April 2011

Please affix your message


Continuing on my hunt for client to customer communications I found this lovely piece appended to the wall outside 'Sovereign Point' brrrp brrrp, massive. My personnel feeling is its creator has adopted intentional misspelling with a view to comically affix the message to our mammaries. This man is a keen-eyed copywriting guinness from whom we can all learn a thing or two.

In sincerity though, we don't all have the benefit of a good education so perhaps I shouldn't be so scathing. At least Mr Shop Keep has taken the initiative, right? Well it just so chanced that the youths who drew my attention to the sign revolted in typical teen fashion, i.e throwing litter. So be mindful of your target audience my young padawans.

So then what charming witticism would I have chosen? Nothing too conventionally authoritative (dull), but nothing to try-hard or urban. It all depends on the shop. I'm opting for, 'Drop rubbish - I'll drop ya.' Only the other day I was discussing the well loved, much missed culture of adult-fearing youths and I do feel the man behind the till had the clout to back up such a deterrent. Harrah! Cane or belt boy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment