Friday 14 January 2011

American Gov ad.

I found this print ad while trawling through Ad Council US, the company in charge of producing the American government's public communications.

What they've clearly tried to do here is dispel stereotypes surrounding people who 'go hungry' Their aim? To create an awareness that hunger can be anywhere, anyone YOU know or more importantly anyone 'just like you' may be struggling. Though I like the concept I think this particular copy falls short of the mark..so what someone who's hungry 'listens to music too'? Everyone listens to music...this is kind of their point but, it's too general and not targeting any particular audience. Instead I think something like 'Hunger goes to work, too.' This would challenge the stereotype 'only lazy people go hungry,' as well as getting that empathy..

Other executions included: 'Hunger reads the morning paper, too' to which I thought..well is it looking in the jobs section?!

And 'Hunger digs sports, too.' Don't all Americans? So ALL Americans are hungry? I wouldn't of thought soo......forgive my confusion.

1 comment: